Since the monks left in 1337, the hill overlooking the church was inhabited by hermits, responsible for ensuring that the places where Saint-Hadelin lived was respected.

At the end of the 18th century, the Counts of Liedekerke-Beaufort built a convent in order to accommodate a community of nuns who disappeared in 1973.

Bought by the commune, the building is currently used as a primary and nursery school.

The chapel and the basements have been converted into a tourist center.